Here we are again at the end of another month and that means time to share some September loves. We celebrated the first day of Fall, labor day and my birthday. No wonder September is one of my favorites.
Making the month more special is the fact that I finshed the first cardigan I have ever knit for myself. Can you believe this project has been on my needles since April 2013?!? You can imagine what a good feeling it was to have this baby off the needles. Whoot whoot...Featherweight.
Sorry for the lack of pictures. Something about the color teal is much hated by my camera. Adding to the hate, we are dealing with beautiful overcast skys here in AZ causing only these two pictures to come out fairly decent.
Progess on my sock yarn blanket is coming along. If you have never made a scrap yarn blanket, I highly recommend it, especially if many of your scraps were donated from friends around the world.
Obvious there is no rhyme or reason for my color placement, making it more fun. As I reach into my bags of scraps it is exciting to see what yarn/color pops up next. Now I not only have fun memories of my past projects, but memories of great friends. Bonus!
Let's get on with showing you this month's loves around blogland.
- Don't get me wrong, I love my Featherweight but wen I saw My So Called Handmade Life's I nearly fainted with envy. Now I want a stripey one!
- What is not to love about Mel. She makes beautiful yarn, she's a beautiful person and she makes beautiful socks.
- Diane's post sharing with us how she learned to knit is fantastic.
- Amanda is the creator of all lovely things. She created the most lovely of babies and her designs are just as sweet. Marlowe Monkey is a heart stealer.
- With the new season upon us, Fall accessories are on the rise. A Picture Book Mind knit up these beautiful mitts.
- Woolthyme's Hitofude is one seriously gorgeous FO.
- I adore this post from Erin as it is chalked full of beautiful images, but most importantly a brilliant video of her art creation.
- A perfect way to welcome Fall is We Heart Yarn's way. This post makes my heart sing.
Did you go visiting? Did you have fun? I sure hope so.
I will leave you with Fitz & The Tantrums. One of those songs that I can't stop singing around the house.
Have the best day today!