I did not meet my own deadline. Excuses, none other than I felt a bit all over the place this week. So progress is below and it is nothing to write home about.
What has me all over the place? Inspiration. Heaps of it. I want to start everything (but I am not). Instead I have been stalking blogs and watching others finish things. I would blame it on the rain, except I live in Arizona and Milli Vanilli already used that excuse. Maybe I will blame it on Bethany and her Sunday Stimulation videos.
I found this on Youtube, it is simply wonderful.
This got me thinking of some of my favorite memories.
- Holding my grandmother's hand. She has a lot of grand-kids but somehow when you were with her she made you feel like her favorite. She loved Elvis, I would sit and watch Elvis movies with her and she would always hold your hand. No matter how old you were.
- My first kiss. Growing up I had two friends that were fraternal twins. I used to have a crush on one of them. He was an artist, so somehow at age 7 I lured him under my bed to draw (don't ask me why or how), and I planted one on him. More or less attacking the poor guy.
- Getting a Strawberry Sizzler Huffy Bike for Christmas.It was hot pink with strawberries on the banana seat and had wonderful pink and silver streamers that hung from the handle bars.
- Coming to the realization of just how special my mom is. One day I was watching her interact with a sales clerk. I saw this clerk go from having a grumpy face to lighting up after talking to my mom for just a few minutes. My mother has a way of making everyone feel special just by knowing her. Seeing it through my adult eyes was magical.
- Experiencing New York City for the first time with the mom.
I could go on and on, but I would love to hear one of your favorite memories.