Despite the tantrums, despite almost giving up...I fell back in love with my Quill.
What changed? The border. I have loved working on this border, even if it took me quite a few reads before understanding the genius concept. Lesson learned, sometimes if you just stick with something, you may be surprised. As usual Jared Flood's pattern is amazing.
Helping to renew love with my Quill project is knitting on other things. After casting off these stripeys, I found myself craving another pair. I needed some purse knitting anyway.
This yarn is Desert Vista Dyeworks in the color Grunge. The name sold me. Many people my age look to the 80's as a fun time their life, the 90's were my glory days. I loved Grunge music and the outfits that went with it. Yes, I did wear Doc Martins and the black outfits layered with a nice flannel! Oh, and I loved me some Eddie Vedder. :)
How about I share some other loves around blogland?
- It is no secret that I have a slight obsession with stripes right now. Therefore it will come as no surprise that I adore these from Bethany.
- I am smitten with Dr.Who and there is no better costume than this little man.
- This image with this lovely view makes me smile.
- Here is where my dream home can be found. I did ask if they have room for me, alas they do not.
- When I need a virtual getaway, I visit this blog. The image, the life and the knits just make me feel relaxed.
Bethany featured this video on her blog. It is just beautiful! FYI, Bethany often features great videos every Sunday on her blog. You should check them out.
I hope this weekend finds you in love with your projects.