Happy Sunday all. I took a vacation day from posting last weekend, so I feel I have so much to share this weekend. So let's get this party started. Shall we start with some knitting?
Notice a lot of grey knitting lately? Me too. The knitting above is a surprise for a sweet friend, so this will be the last showing till it is finished. I can tell you that it is knitting up quickly so hopefully pics will come soon.
One of two pairs of socks I have on the needles. The pattern is Honey Badger and the yarn is Twist & Twine in the color Hibiscus. Super fun knit, I am having a hard time putting them down. Of course the other pair on the needles are these stripeys, but since they are most purse knitting I haven't had a lot of time to work on them. And before you ask, the Quill is still coming along. I hate to sound repetitive, but progress is slow. That is pretty much it for knitting, now how about I share some wonderful gifts I received in the mail this week?
Will you look at this lovely package from South Dakota? I first met Angela via Flickr when she commented on one of my knitting projects. She doesn't knit, but it she has a love for it. Since then we have become friends. Angela is an amazing photographer and has that talent for photographing nature that I envy. Here is just one example from her Flickr page.
Katie made these for me! The fantastic project bag (which is already housing my latest sock project), and these beautiful stitch markers. I was blown away by the talent and heart that when into this gift. Katie and I have been friends for a couple of years. Like many friends I have, our's is a virtual one, yet somehow it is much more than that. I would call her my soul friend. I seem to share with her things I normally don't share with others. That is saying something because I feel I don't express too many things about my day to day doings on my blog, which explains why I don't post blog awards that are given to me (sorry Sam-xo). Not because I am secretive but more along the same lines as to why I don't Tweet or hang out on FB that often, I don't find my daily doings that interesting. :)
Alright enough about me..how about some loves. BTW, I am glad that you guys like it when I post my loves from blogland.
- Love Wei Sew's story of a sweater.
- Claudia's posts are always good for gorgeous knitting projects, the beautiful Simcha, and drool-worthy recipes.
- There are so many things to love here. Jesse's Daybreak is really lovely.
- I could spend hours reading Annie's blog and often do. We share the same love for rich, deep greys. Her latest project had me at hello.
- Whenever I feel I can't go on with my Quill, I head over to Robin's blog to have my inspiration renewed. Her Kiku is to die for.
- A friend's current WIP and great news put a huge smile on my face.
- Visiting my bestie's shop makes me dream of spinning, so that I can spin all her beautiful fibers. If you are reading this Ruth, I am sending kisses your way.
Whew...that was a long winded post. On to exploring the rest of my day and I will celebrating the love of my life's 18th birthday a little later this afternoon. Where have the years gone? Hoping this day finds all of you safe and happy!