This weekend finds me dealing with something that I knew may be inevitable, considering my addiction to knitting socks. I now have 5 pairs of socks on the needles.
Above is a glimpse of a few. I have never been one to suffer from second sock syndrome, so I have no real explanation. I chalk it up to the fact that I have this overwelming need to knit all the things. And no, my increase in WIPs does not only include socks.
What's a girl to do with all this knitting gong on? I have a plan. I am going to put my WIP basket in another room, out of site. Then I will only have one project within arms reach, I will finish that project then move on the next. Only then, it seems I can get a handle on my cast-on frenzy.
Maybe if I were to stop and self-evaluate why I am casting on all things, I may uncover deep issues (hah). Since I feel no need to that, I will just blame the wonderfully chilly weather we are having here and blogland's beautiful and inspiring crafts. How about if I share some of my loves from blogland?
- Must admit I feel a bit of a pain in my heart when I see Andee's Leaves (considering my Leaves met an untimely end). Yet at the same time I am in love.
- Dona's coasters are just perfect. Bonus she designed them as a free pattern on Ravelry.
- Thanks to Bethany, I was able to tour Jared's workshop. I fear my out of control casting on would only increase if I had this space to create in.
- The sweetest combo can be found here. Beautiful knit and even more beautiful little one.
- Is it just me or have you noticed that stiching has come back into play big-time lately? I am itching to finish working on some long neglected stitchery after seeing this project.
Hope you all have a lovely rest of your weekend and are keeping warm with your knits!