It will come as no surprise to any of you that I love to knit socks. Past posts may have defined me as a crazy sock lady.
Why do I knit socks? Living in a state that only has "winter" weather 2 months out of the year, doesn't offer any explanation. Maybe it was because it was the first thing I learned to knit. Sort of like your first love.
In my heart I know it falls more along the lines of what Jared Flood says on his Ravelry profile, "I have secret fantasies about a perpetual winter that would facilitate year-round wool wearing."
- Evelyn at Project Stash blog has proclaimed she has the sock bug. I love her approach of trying many different techniques.
- Finding herself reaching for a sock for comfort knitting, Janet knit up some beauties.
- Knitting from sock hanks is something I would love to try. Jody's socks are going to be fab!
The never ending beautiful sock yarn selections that call out to me are endless. Leaving me with no choice to cast on all socks. Here are some of my favorites.
- Butterfly Bush Yarns. Ruth's beautiful hand-dyed sock yarns occupy a large amount of my sock stash.
- Spinning Fates. Laurel has amazing sock yarn selections, self-striping included.
- Blue Moon Fiber Fiber Arts. Variety is a big attraction when it comes to their STR. I love how great they knit up and last.
- Felecia from Sweet Georgia serves up some real loves.
My obese sock yarn stash was never acquired with a set pattern in mind. I envy those of you who only purchase yarn with a pattern in mind. My next sock(s) cast on is usually decided on a whim. There are those patterns that I gravitate towards knitting again and again.
Whew...lots of sock talk right? I am off to knit some...you know. Enjoy a song and have a wonderful rest of your Sunday!
P.S- For those of you who received SPAM from my email address, my apologies. Hopefully the problem has been rectified. I hate getting SPAM and even worse sending it out unintentionally!