Hello. First loves post of the year 2014, how fun is that?
How has this new year been treating you? Are you still on track with resolutions or goals you made?
I think I am still on track. Not that my resolutions were any big deal, they were more changes in habits. One of them was to knit more from my stash. Can I tell you, it is rather fun? I found this lovely small skein of Angora-Tweed yarn in the deep stash. Where it came from, I am not sure. I thought it would make some sweet little coasters. So there you go.
My first socks of 2014 have been cast on. Again this yarn is from deep stash. I am by no means on a yarn diet, just trying to take adantage of the yarn I have.
Also, trying to be more compassionate in my day to day dealings. I love how I was reminded of this by my tea. Thank you tea!
Enough about my happenings, how about we settle in and get to the loves? Do you have a nice cup of tea or coffee? Here we go, enjoy!
- You know me, and you know I love knitting podcasts. A new to me podcast is Knit-n-Things. Heather has the talent to keep you entertained with many projects and stories.
- Many of my love posts have included Kate and her beautiful weaving and knits. Now Kate and her sister have gone and started a beautiful Etsy shop. Someone needs to hold me back, I am in love.
- Oh, Lori, Lori, Lori. How is it possible that you can always find the perfect pattern and the perfect yarn every time? It takes me a couple tries (at least). This stole is amazing.
- Speaking of amazing, Amanda has designed what is quite possibly the most adorable bear. I was gifted the pattern and plan to make myself one. I also, have a friend who is expecting a wee one this month, so mine will probably come second.
- Just when I think that C, has reached the top of the mountain of talent, she stitches this beautiful selfie.
- I have an addiction to beautiful photography. Who doesn't? All I know is that I can spend hours (for real), looking at images on Flickr. Could be the reason why Mandarine's images make me happy.
Did you have a good time? Now I will share with you a lovely video that explains why we create.
Have the best day today!