Happy Sunday! This post is not going to be all about the knitting as usual. Maybe because my head is elsewhere right now. Do you ever have one of those weeks where something is bothering you and it sticks to you like a fog?
Kind words or the lack there of. That is what is on my mind.
Who are we, if we are not kind? What does that make us?
A couple days ago I was listening to two very different podcasts. The hosts were expressing how they had been hurt by people. People who had expressed and acted in hurtful ways.
I am not perfect by any means. But I do try to be conscious of the effect words can have on someone. I have learned that they don't feel good coming out of my mouth. That is not to say that there aren't times when my actions or words don't cause pain to another. Sometimes life offers us a reminded, as sort of "check yourself" light. I felt listening to these podcasters that I was given a reminder. Not only to not be cruel, but to make sure that I take the time to let others know that they matter and why.
This is for each and everyone one of you:
- You matter to me.
- You take the time to share with me and others the stories of your days.
- You stop by and visit me. With all the busy things we have going on in life, time if precious. So thank you for sharing some of your time with me.
- You are always gracious with your comments. I have never had a negative comment on my blog and I hope to never have one.
- Your compassion knows no bounds. You congratulate others on winning give-aways. You don't have to, but you do. That is amazing.
- You wish me well when I whine about being sick. Often times offerring up remedies, how amazing is that?
- You have welcomed me as a "virtual" friend without questions or judgements.
So thank you. You all do more to enrich my life everyday then you will ever know. I know it goes without saying, but if you could take the time today to being especially kind to someone today. We all know the negative effect words can have, yet we also know the postive effect they can have.