Nearing the end of another month, and that means time for this month's loves. Despite the nasty heat here in AZ, knitting is happening. We will chat a bit about that before I send you around blogland.
Since I first layed eyes on this shawl, I have thought about knitting it up. Debates in my head over yarn colors literally appeared in dreams. Then I remembered I had this beautiful Malabrigo Lace in the colorway Sealing Wax. Who doesn't love Malabrigo, but the lace is a whole other beast. I compare it to knitting with yarn that has been spun from clouds.
Could be how some more lovely Malabrigo lace came to live in my stash. Seriously clouds!
It would seem that my monogamy spell has been broken. I can say it was good while it lasted. It was short lived, what like 3 weeks? Hah!
This week I received a lovely thank you note from a friend. Can't beat the feeling of getting a sweet handwritten note in the mail. Adding to the beauty of it, some dried and pressed flowers.
Enough rambling for me. Let us go to loves around blogland? There is even some window shopping for you.
- Talented Kate has designed a fantastic new sock design. Good thing the monogamy train stopped, as I really need/want to cast these on.
- Jesse has FOs flying off the needles. Not just any FOs, gorgeous FOs! Her Echo Flower shawl screams romance, and then there is her sweet Pebble Beach shawl.
- Casey's been on a new knitting kick, but that hasn't stopped her from creating the most adorable crochet loves. The pink owlie kills me.
- From the looks of my projects you may think that socks are no longer a love for me. You would be wrong. How could I not want to knit all the socks when Mel is posting about catching the sock bug?
- This post from Amanda made me smile. Goes to show you can have beauty and brains, and in Lilly's case in abundance.
- Window shopping led me to two brilliant Etsy shops. I can't stop thinking about this yarn (and the song), from Knitsomniacdesign. Then you have gnomes and bicycles on the must have knitting bag from A Needle Runs Through it (excellent shop name).
- I was featured on Melanie's blog, K2together. She put together a very nice and complementary interview. Thankfully she also tech edited it for me. Maybe I should have her check my blog posts before I hit publish?
Thanks to Olive, I have been listening to Angus & Julia Stone much of the week. A new love that I will share with you via this video.
Have the best day today!