Isn't it crazy how the scrap sock yarn blanket comes back into "style" every couple of years? Well this seems to be the year.
I have been getting questions about the blanket that I started this last August. Questions like which pattern am I following, stitch counts, and all that jazz. So I figured I would do a post about it.
When I decided to start this blanket, I knew I had enough of my own sock yarn scraps to make a one. Then I thought the blanket would be that much better with donations from friends. In the Ravelry group I had asked if people would like to donate to my blanket. The love overflowed as you can see above.
So here are the stats:
- Pattern/recipe~ Knitted Patchwork Blanket by Martine Ellis
- Needle size~ 3US 3.25 mm
- Modifications~ Slip first stitch of every row. Knit through the back loop of the last stitch. The pattern calls for a K2tog then K2tbl for the two center decreases, instead of the k2tbl, I knit a ssk.
- Size of each square ~ 2.5 inches
- How big am I going to make it~ The plan right now is 340 squares. I am currently at 135 squares.
One tip I can give is to weave in your ends as you go. I was doing really well, but as you can see I sort of fell behind. This will be rectified with my morning tea. :)
If you are working on your own sock yarn scrap blanket and would like to swap minis, let me know in the comments. I can always use more fun yarn from friends to add to what I now refer to as my big cuddle.
Here are some beauties that are finished or being worked on in the fiber community!
- Jesse just finished her fantastic Mrs.Weasley's and has already started on another. Goes to show how addicting they are.
- Kate's epic Scrappy blanket is done and beautiful. This one is truly epic as it is knit in linen stitch...yes linen stitch!
- Olivia's wonderfully Cozy Memories blanket is in progress.
- Dani's love can be seen here and on her sweet podcast.
- Kim's Amazing Technicolor Dream Blanket is a dream.
- Casey's Scrappy Hue is in progress and looking lush.
- Karen's Bits and Bobs is growing up to be stunning.
What did I tell you, scrappy love is happening all over the place. There are way more than the ones listed above, but I figured any one of the listed blankets would get your mind thinking about casting one on. ;)
Have the best day today!