I decided to wait until today to post my December favorites as I am sure many of you were spending time with family, I know I was.
So many wonderful things happen this time of year for me, most importantly being with my amazing family. There was food...lots of food. My mom tends to cook for an army and this year was no different. We had chicken flautas, tamales, chili, empanadas, dips, fudge and biscochitos.
Mail days were brightens by friends from overseas...Sara, you really spoiled me. In true Sara-form she included some of her beautiful dyed wool (sock blank) which I cannot wait to knit up into some fantastic socks. Thank you Sara.
Then Angela sent me these sweet and thoughtful loves. Yes, the tea has been tried and can I just say, "Yum!". Thank you, Angela.
For me the holidays are a great time for reflection. I know that is normally something one does on New Year's day but I tend to do things a little backwards. Thank you for making my holiday that much more special by being so wonderful to me, my blog and each other.
Since the next post falls on New Year's day, today's post will be the December loves list.
- With all the hustle and bustle with the holidays I think many of us can take a tip from these sweet sheep and just take a little nap.
- Steph takes a different approach to Christmas and looks back at all the knitting things she has loved this year.
- My sock knitting doppelganger Sigrid gets it...when all else fails, knit socks. :)
- I love that Monica took us with her on her venture to discover Portuguese yarns. How amazing!
- Hunter has gives a us a great idea on how to decrease the top of a hat.
- There is nothing quite like homemade holiday ornaments in my opinion. Karen shows off all her beauties in this post.
- And another Karen shares links and posts from Elsewhere...you know how much I love sharing and reading links to fun things. ;)
- I cannot seem to get enough of Susanne's travel post. Love this one in particular as it is all about Yak.
- Kate stole my heart with this post. Will you check out those Lochs!
- Roobeedoo chats a bit about one of my favorite things this time of year, Little Bobbins Christmas Eve Cast on.
- Favorites from Etsy~
- Alright, I seriously need this cards. The perfect cards for knitters, right?
- Finding new beautiful yarns is always a treat. I love it when dyers share their color inspirations.
I will leave you with song and wish you the best day today!