Happy New Year!
We made it to another year. Most of us physically unscathed but our spirit at times was not so lucky. Quite a bit of crazy and sad things happened in 2016, but thankfully we all woke up this morning and sometimes that is the best part. We all have another day to partake, enjoy and savor another day. More on that in a bit...let's talk about a mini year in review of knitting.
It would seem that socks were top on the menu for 2016. I am sure that comes as no surprise. While I enjoy socks, I would like to add a few more shawls, hats and maybe a garment to the mix in 2017. Do you have some knitting resolutions/goals for the new year?
I am not big on resolutions, as I don't like to make "rules" that I can break. I do like to set goals for myself especially when the calendars change over.
- Continue to enjoy the knit. If it doesn't bring joy, no biggie just frog it.
- Try and introduce more indie dyers to you all.
- Visit my friends (blogs) more than the year before.
- Join in the fun. Participate in more KALs including ones that are happening in the My Sister's Knitter Group.
- Cook more and eat out less. Trying new recipes and remember that food is fuel.
- Get out. Take myself, my knitting and spirit out and explore a bit more of Arizona.
- Be grateful for just waking up each day. Treat each day like another gift.
- Try to be the best part of someone's day. Whether it is through a kind word or action.
How is your New Year day going so far? Did you celebrate, staying up to watch the ball drop? Maybe you were like me and slept peacefully through all the hoopla.
Wishing you the best day today!