Hello there! Whoa...September is here.
Plans for knitting down all the WIPs is still happening, but that doesn't mean that new projects cannot be started, right? There is something magical about a freshly caked yarn and beginning a new knit.
Pattern~ Ingwer Yarn~ Neighborhood Fiber Co. in Charles Centre.
This shawl along with my fade feels like a forever project. Why is it that I can knit up socks in a week but shawls which take the same about of yarn seem to linger?
Maybe because every waking hour I am working on socks? :) I can't help it!
While the week felt long, as it does before a 3 day weekend, no FO this post. But I feel those blue/purple socks will be finished up today. Then maybe I will pick up one of the many shawls I have on the needles...maybe.
Before we get to the August loves, a winner for our indie dyer feature of the month drawing must be announced.
Witch Hazel! Great name and great colors.
Congratulations, Vera. I will be sending you an email shortly to get your details! Thank you to everyone who entered and spread some love for Dragon Hoard Yarn.
Now to August Loves...
- This post from Jen is everything, not only because it is about knitting socks.
- If I lived in a climate where I could wear a Lopi sweater and not melt, I would. In the meantime I will enjoy watching Caryn's planning and progress.
- Smart tutorials and resources are my favorite. Knitting socks that fit from Knitting Today is a gem.
- Karen finished the most amazing blanket. I can't stop looking at it and loving it.
- Personal stories through your photos is such a brilliant idea. Francesca's 100 stories is one of my favorite and a great way to capture your daily happenings.
- What would loves without a double FO post? Thank you, Woollen Wilderness for always providing eye candy.
- While I love knitting socks (surprise!), I know there are many that have a hat obsession. Two great places to visit if you have hat fever, Jen's and Knotions.
- More dreams of living in a cooler climate after seeing Ella's sweaters.
- Steph is knitting up all the things as usual- that is why I adore her.
- Looking for a way to knit neat buttonholes? Check out Cocoknits for the best tutorial.
- Okay I may be a bit sweater obsessed this post because all month my eyes keep falling on all the beauties. Check out Julie's Golden Hour- be still my heart.
Hope you enjoyed all the links. Happy September! I will leave you will a song and wish you a wonderful day today.