Hello there, loves!
Yay, the weekend is here. This week was a long one, but still a good one. Most of my evening hours were spent knitting on some vanilla socks, which I will show below. The evenings of sock knitting didn't stop me from dreaming of other projects. Now tell me if this has ever happened to you... I went into my stash to find yarn that I am using for my Ohra shawl (I accidently put it back in stash when I wasn't knitting with that color), and when I was cruising the stash I was finding older stash and getting all sorts of ideas for projects I want to knit. I emerged from the stash an hour later (yep an hour), dazed and dreamy. The conclusion is I really need to knit from my stash because there are some pretties in there that need to be knit up. :)
Here are the socks I have been working on monogamously all week. I really would like them done before the end of the month, so I stayed loyal. Despite the sidetracked visit to the stash.
I also sorted through my notions pouch. Adding some new things and removing some non-necessities. Although now that I am looking at this, I see my tape measure is not in there. My notions pouch to me is more like an emergency kit. I would hate to find myself without a certain tool when I am away from home. Would love to know what is in your notions (emergency) knitting bags or do you just keep your tools in with your knitting?
Alright, I have rambled long enough and I have quite a long list of January loves to share with you.
- While I love the color grey, seeing projects with bright beautiful colors brings makes me happy. Love all the works in progress Brandy has going on.
- Who doesn't love a gorgeous pattern with a wonderful story? Maighdeann-ròin is that pattern for me.
- Gift knitting is made more special when the project is absolutely perfect for the recipient. Michelle knit the most amazing sweater for her son-in-law and it is spot on.
- What is not to love about Andrea's fade socks? Being able to use up scrap yarns makes them even better.
- Knit parades are awesome, add to it a beautiful model and my heart is stolen. Cannot get enough of Angela's post.
- Rililie is one of my favorite designers. Her new KAL, How to Knit a Coloring Book allows one to express their creativity with yarns and colors. Love this idea.
- Socks, oh how I love socks. I especially enjoy seeing knitter's box o sox posts, Deb's is bliss.
- Unraveled Wednesdays posts from Margene are a must read for me. Where else can you drool over gorgeous projects and get some new book ideas?
- You know if you name a blog, Knitting Only Socks...Andi will be there. Monique has a sweet simple blog showing off her love for socks.
- For those of you who are already dreaming of Summer months and the heat that they bring, you are in good company as Miezecat's post is chalked full of great ideas for light summer tops.
- I have been following and reading Susanne's blog for a long time and it have been on my loves list quite often. Quite possibly my favorite post is this one. So much of everything I love and then some!
New to me podcasts that I have been enjoying:
Leaving you now with a lovely song...
Have the best day today!