Good morning and happy Easter!
Yarn~ Knitpicks Chroma Twist Fingering in the color Dear Diary Pattern~ Hermione's Everyday socks
Hope this week treated you well. My week was a little all over the place, but I always say it is always a good day when I get the privilege of another day. There has been quite a bit of knitting going on as well as quality time with reading. I finished up In the Woods by Tana French and have started another, Mirror Mirror by Gregory Maguire. I like Maguire's writing, I read Wicked what seems like a very long time ago and it was amazing.
Pattern~ Vanilla Yarn~ Cauldron of Colours in the color Andi's Arizona Sunset
I mentioned knitting happened this week and will you take a look here...finished socks! Okay, tell me it isn't just me but the pattern/colors of this yarn make them look blurry, right? It is like an eye test. Then again it could just be me. :)
Yarn~ Knit Picks Felici in the color Gelato
I also finished up my square for the Sister Survivor Blanket project that is hosted by The Thistle Hollow podcast. 5 inch squares were requested. I cast on 62 stitches on size 2 needles and followed this pattern.
Yarn~ Ilash designs in the color Spring Bouquet. A gift from my sister.
With projects off the needles, that gives me permission to cast on my April socks. I have a plan of knitting 2 pairs for the month of April. One using yarn that has been in my stash for a little while and then the other using gift yarn. I did this for March and already well on my way for April.
Ok, enough about me. Let's go visiting blogland and enjoy some loves!
- I have been craving scarf knitting lately. Something about a large love scarf to wrap around myself this coming Winter sounds heavenly. Bethany seems to be on the same track.
- The Spring fever seems to have taken over my brain. Proved this to myself when I noticed that many of the colors I am attracted to right now are Spring-like, case and point this Rombik.
- The knits that come off Katherine's needles never disappoint. In March Katherine had 2 stunning sweaters that I would steal if I were as tiny as her and lived in the UK.
- Neon sock knitting bug is a thing, as explained by Woollen Wild. After seeing those gorgeous socks it may be contagious virtually as now I want to stash dive for all the neons!
- Adore Julie and this post. There are so many colors I love but don't knit projects for myself because I fear I can't wear the color. Reading Julie's post was eye opening.
- I am fully aware that I am sock obsessed and they are heavily featured in my monthly loves. I just can't help myself especially when Cortney posts her latest finished socks.
- Loves this video tutorial on how to fix your knitting mistakes. Even though I never make mistakes in my knitting (heh), I can truly appreciate this. ;)
- I could read this post over and over again- The Solace of Finishing Things.
- Those who have read by blog for a bit know that I love pinks and greys above all. But lately Purples have been catching my eye, especially this Purple Starfall.
- Looking for those lighter projects now that it is Spring? Thanks to Susanne's post you may just find the right one for you.
- I like Spring, but not nearly as much as Winter. Not the type I have here in my part of Arizona, but more like Tien's. Throw in some gorgeous knitting on the needles and I may just faint from happiness.
- Sara's on a sock kick...enough said, I'm there.
High on my list of loves are videos from Little Lionhead Knits. They are wordless, bit sized but full of inspiration. Enjoy and have the best day today!