Happy Sunday! Was your week kind to you? My week felt like a whirlwind, nothing exciting but just like it felt like there was not a lot of breathing time. Once the weekend came, I can tell you my body and brain was begging for some downtime. This meant minimizing computer time and upping my knitting and audio podcast game.
New socks were started earlier this week. I revisited an old friend (pattern), Cadence. I forgot how much enjoyable this pattern is to knit. Bonus deep stash diving happened and my Knitpicks Stroll Tonal in the color Summer Blooms.
I am having a hard time calling this next knit a project because it was an obsession. This obsession was fuel in large part after seeing a friend's scrappy cowl project. I have been craving knitting on a scrappy project and since temps here in AZ are above 100 right now, the scrap blanket is out of the question.
So obsessed that I finished up these socks in about 4 days. Unheard of so you know I was in a knitting frenzy. Which was nothing but happy knitting. I am in love with these and I may or may not have already cast on another pair. ;)
How about we get to visiting blogland. There was much to love in May, so let's go!
- Adore Christine's FO. Despite not really being a garment knitter, I can still appreciate the beauty of a gorgeous knit.
- Since Spring really doesn't exist here in my part of Arizona, seeing Patricia's Spring images allow me to imagine all the yarns in all the shades of those blooms.
- Anytime I see Katherine's Once Upon a Sock posts, I run (not walk), to read it. I mean really it is sock talk...how could I not.
- Seriously when I see Kahrine's Cosy socks, I imagine myself snuggling up in these while in a mountain cabin. This means, I need to knit these.
- If you are looking for that perfect cardigan, then look no further than Karen's Rainwater Cardigan. Seriously the perfect weight and fit.
- Don't you love those knits where you say, "oooh" immediately when you see them. That was my exact reaction to Cortney's Windswept.
- Monique had me with the title, Happylicious socks.
- I constantly tell Julie that we were separated at birth because we are music and food twins. Julie proved it with her Shockwave Shawl, not only is it a stunning knit but her colors are colors that speak to my soul.
- I have been recently deep stash diving and have come across many (so many) variegated yarns that I fear will pool like crazy. So when I saw Meaghan's Island Wood Socks I was excited as what a great use for those crazy variegated yarns.
- This post from Susan is chalked full of fun knits. You know, I am all about the Going West sock kits.
- I am always looking to expand my knitting skills, love this video on how to do the Norwegian Purl.
- My dear friend Claudia is solely responsible for my need to knit from my large mini stash with this post. Cannot stop drooling over her Land of Sweets pastel cowl.
- Very enjoyable and informative post from Andrea on Ten things she learned about dyeing yarn so far.
- Bethany's blog Wool Fable makes my day. Yarn and books...yep, heaven.
Hope you enjoyed the May loves! Have the best day today!