By one of those days, I mean one of those good days.
I don't have many down days. Most of my days are spent up. That is not to say by any means that my life is perfect. It is to say that on those days when maybe my health is not that good or work not at all gratifying, I have many great things in my life to bring me to the surface. Today is one of those days where I can't help but look at everything and be grateful. Don't you love those kinds of days?
On such days, playing with yarn is a must. The top picture is a scarf I cast on after being inspired by this one. The crochet is a long time requested bobble blanket for the sister. Ironically I am not a fan of bobbles, yet I am finding them soothing to hook.
As a way to make my body feel as good as my spirit does today, I made a trip to Trader Joe's for ingredients for a salad I have been wanting to try. For me, no trip to TJ would be complete without getting my bucket (yes bucket) of mini chocolate chips cookies. No one says soul food needs to be healthy all the time. :)
I am not one for gratitude journals, but I felt it important today to note things that really stood out today:
- Shopping trip with my mom. I live close enough to her that spending time is not difficult. As I get older I appreciate her as a person more and more.
- Friends are on my mind today. I am so very lucky that I have such important relationships with so many great people near and far.
- My health. Been dealing with some slight health issues for over a year now. But when I look at the fact that I can still work, laugh, walk, and live, I am very grateful.
- Crafting. What an amazing thing to be able to create things with my hands. It serves as an outlet for frustrations as well as relaxation.
- My blog. A wonderful way that I have been able to get to know so many talented, inspiring, and overall good people.
Do you ever have one of these days? Maybe you have many. I sure hope so! What are you grateful for today?