The first loves of a new year, how fun is that? Thankfully this month didn't seem to fly like the months of 2015. Maybe that is how 2016 is going to be, (hopefully). How did the first month of the year treat you?
Did you start your year as you intended? I think I am on the right track with my knitterly goal and some of my life goals, so I am a happy camper.
Pattern~ Low Country by Judy Marples Yarn~ Neighborhood Fiber Co in the color Sheridan Circle
Shawl progress is happening and my football team is going to the SuperBowl...what is not to love?
Yarn~ Shalimar Yarns Zoe Sock in the color Juniper Berry
Since I finished my January socks, I now selected my February sock yarn from my mystery bag. Still debating on a pattern but that is half the fun, right?
Now how about we go visiting around blogland and thereabouts for some loves?
- I've been a long time reader of Manderine's blog. Her wonderful knitter's wish list post was spot on as I want it all.
- One of the most beautiful people I know had welcomed a gorgeous new love to her family. Congratulations, Nicole!
- Growing up in Colorado I adore snow. I miss it everyday and beg friends (Jody), for snow pics so that I can imagine I am there. When I saw this post it from Nicole my heart soared!
- As I am working on my sock yarn blanket, seeing other blankets drives my desire to finish despite my fear of it ending. Danie's blanket has a fun border and has given me some ideas for my next one...and yes there will be a next one.
- I think I could lose hours visiting this blog. The Aspiring Farm Wife is beautiful and entertaining. Love it when I find treasures like this.
- Felicia's Stash Less series is always a fav. I really enjoyed this one in particular about the paradox of freedom.
- Monica's blog has been a constant love for me. I am happy that she is back to posting and her point about missing blogging is one reason I post every Sunday. I think my word would indeed be gloomy if I couldn't visit with you every week.
- Always the forever teacher, The Pattern Duchess has a wonderful series on How to design a shawl.
- I love that as yarnies we have some of the most amazing events and retreats to cater to our every desire. While I cannot attend, Yarn Culture is hosting a fantastic workshop by designer Melanie Berg February 5th- 7thin New York.
For your shopping pleasure lets go window shopping...
- My grabby hands are feeling the love for this project bag and this yarn from Circus Tonic Handmade.
- And because I can't seem to get enough speckled in my life this yarn from Druzy Rising.
- Marvelous Maya of The Wool Barn is always on my list of loves and my desire to try out a sock blank has increased after seeing this stunner.
My mood this Sunday is of a slow and peaceful nature, so for me that means listening to some Chet Faker and knitting. Enjoy a song and have the best day today!