Well hello there! Happy Sunday to you. :)
This week was a wonderful week for me, how about you? I celebrated my birthday-Whoot whoot! While for some that may be a dreaded event, it's not for me. I have earned these years, why not rejoice?
Funny enough as I was reflecting back on my birthday, I realized that I can easily relate it to my knitting life.
Here are my thoughts/tips on the matter.(K=Knitting L=Life)
- K: Weave in your ends as you go or else you will cause yourself unnecessary stress at the end.
- L: Sometimes getting things you hate or dread doing out of the way will make you happier in the long run.
- K: Going organic or natural can be liberating and is rarely a bad thing.
- L: Eliminated some of the beauty regiments I practiced regularly, allows me to get out and have fun sooner.
- K: Your knitting is not always going to look as perfect as the pattern photos- sometimes it will look better.;)
- L: I no longer believe that I need to look like this person or the other. I am happy with who I am.
- K: All is not lost if you drop a stitch.
- L: Loss is a necessary evil, it is how we chose to move forward from the loss.
- K: Embrace flaws as design features. You can go back and fix it, but it may not always be a bad thing to leave it.
- L: I spent too many years in my youth thinking that my eyes were too big or my laugh too loud. I am glad that I never opted to fix either as these are things that I now get complimented on.
- K: Sometimes diving right into an unfamiliar pattern or technique can be surprisingly fun.
- L: Something I wish I learned sooner was to try new things and relish in the unexpected.
- K: Random act of knitting kindness are never bad.
- L: Learning to be more kind in all the facets of my life and giving without expecting anything in return can be a game changer.
What are some life lessons that knitting has taught you over the years?
Enjoy this adorable video on how to age gracefully and have the best day today!