« Loves in the New Year... | Main | Sunday living and giveaway winner... »



Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.


Love the colours....intrigued by what your wips might be

Sandra (Cherry Heart)

It's so true I think that knitting makes you appreciate all the colours. I think maybe it's the time you get to look at the yarn while you knit. Seeing all the subtle variations in the strands and combining colours for happy combinations!

S x


To me, color is where it all begins! I love what you share -- always so timely and thoughtful.


Gorgeous photos, as usual! (Although that stack of blues is definitely calling my name!)


Beautiful photo's Andi! When I read the word woolly it made me think how differently I look at wool today~ Before becoming a knitter the word wool made me itch & scratch! Now, I find myself drawn to all the beautiful colors & textures of wool~
Love the quote from EZ & the links to new to me blogs was a fun way to enjoy my morning coffee~



You certainly are indeed!


Color...my bff, and knitting-such therapy for the heart and soul. The softness, smell and texture of yarn- even the itchy of wool sometimes is so wonderful. Lovely images today- you make it all looks o delish, Andi.


what a lovely post….i did sort of have to laugh; i have been thinking along the same lines----my knitting baskets are full of color, yet i wear little besides grey black and ivory….an occasional pop of something in a scarf, maybe. (I give a LOT away!!!!! the joy of knitting--feeds that inner need for color)


beautiful photos! that's part of what I love about yarn crafts... the colours!


Hi Andi! Nice to meet you. That quote is brilliant and I will bear it in mind next time I curse over a dropped stitch.

I love to see what kinds of colours and palates other yarn-lovers choose, it fascinates me. Yours are beautiful.

Gillian x


Seeing your stash is just making me itch to play in mine. Once the new bookcase is installed, I'll be cavorting with wool once again.

I didn't know you didn't like blue as much. (Or maybe I did and I forgot) Why is that?


I do love your photos Andi and seeing all the pretty wool makes my heart happy.


Oh I love that EZ quote!


Ah, as always a fresh look at the world. Love Cherry Lane's wintry landscapes. Your collection of blues is sublime.

Nina - tabiboo

Hi Andi and what a lovely post. I'm rubbish at knitting but your yarn basket is so inspiring....for the love of all things woolly.

Nina x


During these very cold, bleak days of winter here on the east coast, it is warming to see your lovely post, Andi!

Annie @ knitsofacto

All lovely, but it's the naturally coloured yarns in the second shot that are calling loudest to me. About 30% of my stash is all the colours of the rainbow, the other 70% is greys and natural, neutral colours. No idea why they appeal to me most.

Thank you so much for joining as a January guest poster Andi :)


All those blues just make my heart sing!


What a beautiful collection of colourful wool! I can't wait to see what it is you are knitting with it. I think the red is calling my name today.


What an amazing collection of colour. I used to limit my knowledge of wool to only "natural" colours until I realized that you can get as bright as neon if you wanted to :)


Hello! Love your blog, I can definitely get me fix for all things woolly here....be back soon! :) x

The Sewing Wren

Hi Andi, one of the little sayings in your blog hit a cord with me as I read it... so so true!
Love your collection of yarn too!

Verify your Comment

Previewing your Comment

This is only a preview. Your comment has not yet been posted.

Your comment could not be posted. Error type:
Your comment has been saved. Comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by the author. Post another comment

The letters and numbers you entered did not match the image. Please try again.

As a final step before posting your comment, enter the letters and numbers you see in the image below. This prevents automated programs from posting comments.

Having trouble reading this image? View an alternate.


Post a comment

Comments are moderated, and will not appear until the author has approved them.

Your Information

(Name and email address are required. Email address will not be displayed with the comment.)

Just a Thought

  • Kind words not only lift our spirits in the moment they are given, but they can linger with us over the years. ~Joseph B. Wirthlin
Ravelry Group

Find me

  • Flickr
  • Ravelry

On my bookshelf

  • Andi's bookshelf: currently-reading

    The Good Earth
    5 of 5 stars
    One of my favorites. It is one of those books that I read annually!
    tagged: currently-reading
    An Unfinished Life
    0 of 5 stars
    tagged: currently-reading
    Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls
    0 of 5 stars
    tagged: currently-reading

Blog powered by Typepad